Wireless Internet Access
Free wireless access is available at Grant R. Brimhall Library and Newbury Park Branch Library for patrons using their own wireless-capable devices. At this time, the library does not loan or otherwise make available any wireless devices.
Wireless Internet access is filtered. By choosing to use this free service,
users agree to abide by the Thousand Oaks Library's
Internet Use Policy. The Thousand Oaks Library may revise this Policy at any time.
The Policy must be reviewed and accepted each time prior to gaining
access to the wireless service. Violators of
the Internet Use Policy may lose their Internet use privileges.
- A laptop or
wireless device with IEEE 802.11 b/g compatible wireless
- Laptop must
have TCP/IP protocol installed and set to use dynamic IP addressing
For more information on how to connect to the library's wireless
network, please see the
Wireless Network FAQ.
Limitation and Disclaimer:
- Thousand Oaks Library's wireless network is unsecured. The library cannot guarantee the safety of
data transmitted across its wireless network.
- When accessing the Internet through an unsecured wireless network
there is the possibility that data sent to or from an individual wireless
device is monitored, captured, or altered by an outside party.
- Thousand Oaks Library assumes no responsibility for software configurations, security or changes to
personal data files resulting from connecting to the Library's network.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of
equipment; users must keep equipment with them at all times.
- Library staff does not provide technical assistance. There is no guarantee that
users will be able to make a wireless connection.
- In using this free Internet access, I agree and hereby release,
indemnify, and hold harmless, the City of Thousand Oaks, its officers
and employees, and any affiliate, from any damage that may result from
use of this wireless access.
- While using this wireless access, I acknowledge that I am subject
to, and agree to abide by all laws, and all rules and regulations of
the City of Thousand Oaks, County of Ventura, the State of California,
and the federal government that are applicable to Internet use.
Printing is not available via the wireless connection at this time.
We have made every effort to make wireless access available throughout the library, but you may encounter some “dead” spots where wireless reception may be limited. If you have trouble accessing the Internet or staying connected move to a different location within the library.