Want To See More Events?
Check out our Library Events.
Call for Volunteers
The library has many volunteer opportunities available for teens. Volunteer projects can take anywhere from a few hours to a few months to complete. There are even on-going long-term volunteer opportunities available.
Applying to become a teen volunteer is easy. Fill out an online application, call the volunteer coordinator Ms. Bumstead at (805) 449-2660 ext. 7325, or stop by the library for more information.
Many of our teen volunteers assist staff with the library's Summer and Teen Reading Clubs. Summer volunteers must be fourteen or older and willing to donate at least three or more hours per week. Teen volunteers register club participants, help out at programs and staff the summer and teen reading desks!
Some teens participate in the library's teen advisory group called TOTAL (Thousand Oaks Library Teen Advisory League). Teens involved with TOTAL meet monthly during the school year and advise library staff about library services and programs for teens. In addition to the advisory role, in the past TOTAL teens have made presentations to City Council, organized library programs for teens and assisted at various library events!
Teen volunteers are an integral part of our library service.
Next Chapter Book Club
Get involved today!
- What is the Next Chapter Book Club? Young adults and adults with developmental disabilities have funreading and learning, making friends, and enjoying a great community gathering place.
- How does it work? Members meet weekly for one hour at the Thousand Oaks Grant R. Brimhall Library to read and discuss a book of their choosing.
- Who can participate? Anyone can participate, no matter their reading or ability level.
- Who leads the book clubs? Two trained volunteers facilitate each group. They include students, parents, retirees, people with disabilities, and various community members.
- Why join the Next Chapter Book Club? NCBC members improve literacy skills, make friends, take part in the community, and have a lot of fun doing it!
If you would like to become a member or a volunteer facilitator, please contact Nancy Schram at (805) 449-2660 ext. 7351.
The Next Chapter Book Club at the Thousand Oaks Library is sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Thousand Oaks and the Friends of the Thousand Oaks Library.